WONE is the recognized voice of nurse leaders shaping health care and public policy through innovative leadership.
Welcome to the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives website (WONE).
Over the years, the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives has supported and promoted strong nursing leadership through many accomplishments. Looking forward, we know there will continue to be challenges but by working together we will stand as the voice of nursing leadership and provide support for the individuals in these roles throughout our state.
It is my privilege to serve as your president this year. I invite you to become involved in your organization; here are some of the many ways you can do this:
- Attend Board Meetings – the board meetings are open to all members, the dates will be posted on this website or you can contact me for more information
- Develop a relationship with a Mentor or become a Mentor to someone else
- Attend our annual WONE Spring Conference
- Join a Committee – WONE has a variety of active committees/task forces to serve our members including
- Nursing Leadership Academy
- Professional Development
Thank you for being a part of this wonderful organization. I look forward to working with you in my new role as President and continuing to build upon the established excellence of the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives.
2016 Nurse Leader of the Year
Tom has been a member of WONE for nine years and a member of the WONE Board of Directors since 2014. He is currently the WONE liaison to the Wisconsin Center for Nursing. In addition, he has been a member of WONE’s Nomination, Bylaws and Membership Committees. Overall, he has 20 years of nursing leadership experience and 29 years of nursing experience.
As the inaugural chief nursing officer for Ministry Health Care, Tom has developed the CNO role for the health system. In his role, he is responsible for aligning the high standard of nursing practices across Ministry Health Care’s 15 hospitals and nearly 50 medical clinics. He has led the work to create an accountability structure for managing and supporting the financial measurement of nursing across the health system, and has contributed to the development and structure of the system’s Patient/Family Engagement Council. In addition, Tom has developed many innovative and successful approaches to deliver care that have been modeled and adopted outside of Ministry Health Care.
In support of Tom’s nomination, Kathryn Olson, DNP, RN, system director of nursing informatics for Ministry Health Care, stated, “Tom is a strong advocate for promoting the role of nursing and developing nursing leaders,” both internally in Ministry Health Care, as well as through his collaborative relationships with nursing education programs, particularly with the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh College of Nursing, where he is an active member on their Board of Visitors. He also worked with UW-O to develop a graduate-level clinical nurse leader program, and provides mentoring to the UW-O Nursing Student Organization.
Photo from Green Bay 2016 Fall Nurse Leadership Academy
- (October 2016) Ads for Job Openings (HSHS / Manager Home Health & Hospice HSHS-Eastern Wisconsin Division)
- (September 2016) Ads for Job Openings (SSM Health / Director – Professional Performance)
- (September 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Southwest Health, Platteville / Director of Nursing)
- (September 2016) Ads for Job Openings (HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay / Manager-Nursing — Surgery)
- (September 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Aspirus Riverview Hospital, Wisconsin Rapids / Chief Nursing Officer/Vice President, Patient Services)
- (August 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Divine Savior Healthcare, Portage / Director of Obstetrics)
- (August 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Unity Hospice / Director of Patient Services – DePere, WI)
- (July 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics, Medford / Vice President of Patient Care Services)
- (June 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Aspirus Riverview Hospital & Clinics, Wisconsin Rapids / Director of Quality Improvement)
- (June 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Divine Savior Healthcare, Portage / Director of Acute Care and ICU)
- (June 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Gundersen Health System, Onalaska / Clinical Manager, Integrated Platform –IR & Cath Lab)
- (May 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Bell Tower Residence, Merrill / Director of Residence Services/Director of Nursing)
- (April 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Bellin Health – Oconto Hospital, Oconto / Team Leader, RN, Surgery Department)
- (April 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Gundersen Health System, Onalaska / Clinical Manager, Family Medicine)
- (April 2016) Ads for Job Openings (Gundersen Health System, Onalaska / Clinical Manager, Internal Medicine)
- (August 2016) Horizons Newsletter
- (July 2016) Wisconsin Nursing Leadership Academy – 2016 Brochure – Updated
- (July 2016) MSOE MSN Graduate Program Showcase Information
- (March 2016) Wisconsin Nursing Leadership Academy – 2016 Brochure
- (March 2016) Wisconsin Nursing Leadership Academy – 2016 Word Fillable Application Format
- (February 2016) Information about 2016 Wisconsin Nurse Leadership Academies – four this year
- (February 2016) 2016 Annual Convention – Leading the Way to Value Through Engagement, April 13-15, 2016
- (February 2016) Wisconsin Nursing Leadership Academy – Spring 2016 Brochure and Application
- (February 2016) Wisconsin Nursing Leadership Academy – Spring 2016 Word Fillable Application Format
- (April 2015) Nurse Leader of the Year – Mary Cieslak-Duchek
- (February 2015) Guiding Principles in Achieving Excellence in Nurse Staffing: Standards of Practice for the State of Wisconsin
- (January 2015) WONE Position Statement: Why BSN?