WONE is the recognized voice of nurse leaders shaping health care and public policy through innovative leadership.
Welcome to the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives website (WONE).
Over the years, the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives has supported and promoted strong nursing leadership through many accomplishments. Looking forward, we know there will continue to be challenges but by working together we will stand as the voice of nursing leadership and provide support for the individuals in these roles throughout our state.
It is my privilege to serve as your president this year. I invite you to become involved in your organization; here are some of the many ways you can do this:
- Attend Board Meetings – the board meetings are open to all members, the dates will be posted on this website or you can contact me for more information
- Develop a relationship with a Mentor or become a Mentor to someone else
- Attend our annual WONE Spring Conference
- Join a Committee – WONE has a variety of active committees/task forces to serve our members including
- Nursing Leadership Academy
- Professional Development
Thank you for being a part of this wonderful organization. I look forward to working with you in my new role as President and continuing to build upon the established excellence of the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives.
CELEBRATE NURSING! A special license plate is now available through the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for nurses, nursing staff, students, friends and family members. Any Wisconsin resident may apply for Nurses Change Lives license plates. It offers a visual reminder to consider nursing as a career path because nurses make a difference every day in the lives of those they serve. The future of nursing will benefit as it creates a funding source for professional development, education and scholarships for Wisconsin nurses.
For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs. Local DMV customer service centers do not have Nurses Change Lives license plates for immediate issue, but can process applications and the plates will be mailed. Temporary plates will be issued, if needed.
Order your plates on line at http://wisconsindot.gov/pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/nurses.aspx or they can be ordered in person at any DMV office.
- (November 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Aspirus/ Director of Emergency Services)
- (October 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Beloit Health System/ Hospice Clinical Nurse Manager)
- (September 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Mayo Clinic, Onalaska Clinic/ Director of Nursing Patient Care)
- (September 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Gundersen Health System/ Neurosurgery Clinical Manager)
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (HSHS St. Vincent Hospital, Green Bay/ Chief Nursing Officer)
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Gundersen Health System/ RN, Supervisor, Surgery)
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Bellin Health/ Clinical Nurse Specialist, Emergency Department)
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Agnesian HealthCare/St. Agnes Hospital/ Clinical Supervisor-Surgery)
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Aspirus Medford Hospital and Clinics/ Vice President of Patient Care Services
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Gundersen Health System/ Labor & Delivery and New Life Perinatal Clinical Manager)
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Aspirus, Stevens Point Campus/ Manager of Emergency
Department & Walk In)
- (July 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Unity Hospice, De Pere/ Nursing Team Leader)
- (June 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Fort HealthCare, Fort Atkinson/ Vice President of Clinical and Nursing Services)
- (May 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Divine Savior Healthcare, Portage/ RN Clinic Supervisor – Physician Specialties)
- (May 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center/ Associate Director for Patient Care Services/Nurse Executive – Nurse V)
- (May 2017) Ads for Job Openings (North Central Health Care, Wausau/ Director of Behavioral Health Services)
- (May 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Gundersen Health System/ Urgent Care Clinical Manager)
- (November 2017) Horizons Newsletter
- (July 2017) WONE Position Statement: The Value Proposition of Nursing
- (May 2017) Horizons Newsletter
- (May 2017) M.S. in Nursing – Graduate Program Showcase – May 9, 2017, Milwaukee
- (February 2015) Guiding Principles in Achieving Excellence in Nurse Staffing: Standards of Practice for the State of Wisconsin
- (January 2015) WONE Position Statement: Why BSN?