WONE is the recognized voice of nurse leaders shaping health care and public policy through innovative leadership.
Welcome to the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives website (WONE).
Over the years, the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives has supported and promoted strong nursing leadership through many accomplishments. Looking forward, we know there will continue to be challenges but by working together we will stand as the voice of nursing leadership and provide support for the individuals in these roles throughout our state.
It is my privilege to serve as your president this year. I invite you to become involved in your organization; here are some of the many ways you can do this:
- Attend Board Meetings – the board meetings are open to all members, the dates will be posted on this website or you can contact me for more information
- Develop a relationship with a Mentor or become a Mentor to someone else
- Attend our annual WONE Spring Conference
- Join a Committee – WONE has a variety of active committees/task forces to serve our members including
- Nursing Leadership Academy
- Professional Development
Thank you for being a part of this wonderful organization. I look forward to working with you in my new role as President and continuing to build upon the established excellence of the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives.
CELEBRATE NURSING! A special license plate is now available through the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for nurses, nursing staff, students, friends and family members. Any Wisconsin resident may apply for Nurses Change Lives license plates. It offers a visual reminder to consider nursing as a career path because nurses make a difference every day in the lives of those they serve. The future of nursing will benefit as it creates a funding source for professional development, education and scholarships for Wisconsin nurses.
For more information, visit personalized and special plates FAQs. Local DMV customer service centers do not have Nurses Change Lives license plates for immediate issue, but can process applications and the plates will be mailed. Temporary plates will be issued, if needed.
Order your plates on line at http://wisconsindot.gov/pages/dmv/vehicles/title-plates/nurses.aspx or they can be ordered in person at any DMV office.
2018 WONE Annual Convention
April 4-6, 2018
Best Western Premiere Waterfront Hotel, Oshkosh
Now Accepting Nominations for the 2018 Wisconsin Nurse Leadership Academy:
Click here to learn more.
- (February 2018) Ads for Job Openings (HSHS / Nurse Manager, Women & Infant’s Services – HSHS St. Nicholas Hospital, Sheboygan WI)
- (January 2018) Ads for Job Openings (Marshfield Clinic Health System – Eau Claire Hospital / Nurse Manager – Hospital, Emergency Dept.)
- (January 2018) Ads for Job Openings (Marshfield Clinic Health System – Eau Claire Hospital / Nurse Manager – Hospital, Med/Surg)
- (December 2017) Ads for Job Openings (ProHealth Care/ Director, Patient Safety)
- (November 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Aspirus/ Director of Emergency Services)
- (October 2017) Ads for Job Openings (Beloit Health System/ Hospice Clinical Nurse Manager)
- (February 2018) Horizons Newsletter
- (July 2017) WONE Position Statement: The Value Proposition of Nursing
- (February 2015) Guiding Principles in Achieving Excellence in Nurse Staffing: Standards of Practice for the State of Wisconsin
- (January 2015) WONE Position Statement: Why BSN?