Nurse Leader of the Year
The Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives honors a Wisconsin nurse leader each spring.
Criteria for selection of the Nurse Leader of the Year include the following:
- A member of the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives for at least two years.
- Has provided service to the Wisconsin Organization of Nurse Executives through participation in special or standing committees or through an elected office.
- Has demonstrated innovation in nursing leadership as evidenced by the development, implementation and evaluation of new programs, workflows, care delivery models, organizational structures, new roles, as examples.
- Has promoted the profession of nursing and nursing leadership within the organization and the community; serves as a role model/mentor/coach to others.
- Has demonstrated nursing leadership by sharing knowledge and expertise within and outside the organization through presentations, formal course offerings and/or publications.
- Has demonstrated a commitment to continuous learning and self-development through formal education, achieving certification and continuing education, as examples.
- Has demonstrated positive relationships with other disciplines, as evidenced by references and/or the collaborative nature of examples throughout the candidate’s application.
- Participates in a broad range of civic and health care related organizations; a political activist for nursing and health care.
- Members who have received the award in the past are not eligible to receive the award again.
The nomination deadline is November 30.